Cancellations and Refund Policy
Health Services Evolution PTY LTD (HSE) also trading as the Nurses for Nurses Network (NfN)
Health Services Evolution (HSE) and the Nurses for Nurses Network (NFN) reserve the right to cancel educational services, professional activities and products, due to extenuating circumstances.
1. Terms and Conditions for Events (this includes Retreats, Study Tours, Conferences and Getaways)
- Package cost is per person and strictly based on group travel dates.
- A non-refundable deposit is required at the time of registration.
- Final payments MUST by settled by 61 days before departure.
- The itinerary is indicative only and may be subject to change without prior notice.
- Neither HSE/NFN or event partners accept any liability of whatever nature for the acts, omissions or default whether negligent or otherwise, of airlines, coach operators, shipping companies, hoteliers or other persons providing services in connection with the tour arrangements, whether group or individual, over which HSE/NFN have no direct control.
- Neither HSE/NFN or event partners accept liability for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly by force majeure or other events which are beyond our control, or which are preventable by reasonable diligence on your part.
- HSE/NFN will not be responsible for making the arrangements for any additional flight and or accommodation required outside the HSE/NFN program.
2. Traveller Acknowledgement and Release
I acknowledge and agree that the following terms and conditions apply to my participation in the Event as organised by HSE/NFN and/or event partners:
2.1 I have seen and approved the itinerary for the study tour. I understand that HSE/NFN may act reasonably, vary the itinerary (including departure and arrival dates), hotels, transport and/or other inclusions as rendered necessary by circumstances and events that are beyond the control of HSE/NFN.
2.2 I will comply with directions of the Study Tour Leader(s) supplied by HSE/NFN.
I understand that if I:
a) consistently refuse to follow directions, or conduct myself in an unacceptable manner, be it through vandalism, harassment, offensive behaviour, theft or any similar activity,
c) threaten or endanger any other members or any third party,
d) hinder or detract from the ability of other members to enjoy the Study Tour: HSE/NFN may, at its sole discretion, remove me from the event.
2.3 HSE/NFN are not responsible for the failure by me to comply with customs regulations or any laws or regulations of any countries that are visited.
2.4 I must be in possession of a valid passport (passports must have a minimum of 6 months validity from date of return to Australia) at the commencement of travel.
2.5 I am fit to travel and will be solely responsible for bringing any necessary medications or medical equipment with me on the event. I will consult my doctor regarding vaccinations and all health and medical matters relating to the destinations set out in the Itinerary. I hereby release HSE/NFN from any claim, action or other liability in this regard.
2.6 I acknowledge that travel to the cities in the event involves inherent risks that may not be present in Australia. I have informed myself of inherent risks, including any material that may be provided by HSE/NFN at its discretion, have assumed such risks voluntarily, and hereby release HSE/NFN (and its directors, employees, agent and contractors) from any claim, action, suit or liability relating to any loss, damage, cost, expense injury or death arising from the following:
a) negligent acts or omissions of third parties providing transport, hotels, guides or other services in connection with the Tour (I acknowledge that HSE/NFN will be engaging such services as agent on behalf of HSE/NFN,
b) theft, loss or damage of or to any of my property, whether or not due to any negligent acts or omissions of HSE/NFN,
c) climatic conditions, political disturbances, epidemics or any other conditions beyond the control of HSE/NFN or
d) acts or omissions of any other member of the event Group.
2.7 I agree that HSE/NFN may collect my personal information and that HSE/NFN are entitled to use this information for the following purposes:
a) providing the event and related services,
b) notifying me of future tours and other activities of HSE/NFN related marketing purposes,
c) any other purpose notified to me at the time of collection.
2.8 HSE/NFN The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1998 (CTH) and the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, except when qualified by any relevant Codes of Practice, will underpin all matters related to personal information held by HSE/NFN.
2.9 I agree that HSE/NFN may reproduce, publish and communicate to the public, photographs and film of me taken during the event for the purpose of promoting the business of HSE/NFN. All rights, including copyright, in such films and photographs, will be retained by HSE/NFN.
3.1 Education Services
HSE/NFN reserves the right to cancel a course, workshop, seminar, or program due to low registrations or other circumstances which have made it unavailable.
In this instance, wherever possible, NfN will endeavour to give appropriate and timely notification to participants and a full refund will be offered.
3.2 Professional Services
Members are able to cancel their membership at any time in writing – this can be by written letter or email correspondence. Membership fees will not normally be refunded. There is a monthly payment option, but as memberships are for 12 months, you can only choose to cancel your monthly membership payment after 12 payments and not fewer.
4.1 HSE/NFN will provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- Identified overpayments for goods and services,
- An error has been made by HSE/NFN,
- Products/services that do not match what was shown at the time of purchase.
4.2 HSE/NFN will not provide a refund in the following circumstances:
- Where a member/customer/client changes their mind,
- Where the member/customer/client decides later they can’t afford the products/services,
- Where the member/customer/client finds alternative products/services at a more competitive price,
- Incorrect choice of product/service by the member/customer/client.4.2.1 Clearly such refunds do not apply to changes caused by reason of civil strife, riots, war, the threat of war, natural disaster, tour leader illness, industrial action, technical problems affecting transport, terrorist activity, and closure of airports or similar events beyond our control.
4.2.2 Other than as set out above, and as is detailed elsewhere in these conditions, we shall have no legal liability whatsoever to you for any loss, damage, personal injury or death which you suffer arising directly or indirectly from any aspect of your attendance.
4.2.3 Tour members must have valid passports and visas if they are required for travel. In the unlikely event that a tour member is refused entry into a country, HSE/NFN will not accept any liability for any losses incurred and our normal scale of cancellation charges will apply. Cancellation will be deemed to have taken place on the date in which we learn of the refusal of visa or permission to enter. HSE/NFN accepts no responsibility whatsoever for difficulties arising from incorrect personal documentation e.g. passports.
4.2.4 We cannot be liable for any medical expenses incurred by you or any loss or additional costs incurred as a result of sickness, accident, and injury. You may be covered against such circumstances on your insurance policy.
4.2.5 We cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to baggage, personal effects, money or documents.
4.3 All requests for refunds must be:
- Made in writing (via letter, facsimile or email [email protected]),
- Approved by the Executive Manager.
4.4 Refund for Membership
- Membership fees will not normally be refunded unless there are extenuating circumstances,
- The request must be submitted in writing to the Membership Services team.
4.5 Refund for Day Workshop, Seminar, or e-Seminar (Excluding Conferences):
Notification to cancel a registration to attend and apply for a refund must be made in writing - this can be by letter, facsimile, or email ([email protected]).
4.5.1 More than 25 days notice
Full refund less 10% administration fee. HSE/NFN must receive written requests no later than 25 days prior to the first day of the event.
4.5.2 7-25 days before notice
Requests for refunds received between 7-25 days before the start of the event will be given less a 30% administration fee.
4.5.3 No Refunds – Within 7 days
Requests for refunds received less than 7 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund. Please plan accordingly.
4.5.4 Refunds will not be available for registrants who choose not to attend an event.
4.5.5 Registrants may send a substitute in their place in lieu of requesting a refund. An organisation may send an alternative delegate if registration has been paid in full and the registered person is unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances. See 22.214.171.124.
4.6 Refund for Events (this includes Retreats, Study Tours, Conferences and Getaways)
The following information provides a guide to refunds requested for registrations and will be conditional on terms of the agreement between HSE/NFN and other third parties such as travel agents, caterers, and venue hire etc.
Cancellations of registration must be by letter, facsimile or email ([email protected]).
4.6.1 Refunds will apply as follows:
126.96.36.199 If a cancellation notice is received more than 61 days before an event, a refund will be processed less the non-refundable deposit.
188.8.131.52 If a cancellation notice is received less than 60 days before an event no refund will be given.
184.108.40.206 An organisation or the registered person may send an alternative delegate if registration has been paid in full and the registered person is unable to attend due to unforeseen circumstances. If notification is received less than 2 weeks before a conference or event, an administration fee of $50 will apply.
HSE/NfN strongly recommends customers take out travel insurance when they register for an event to cover any unforeseen circumstances that may prevent them attending the event and thus incur any financial loss.
© 2017 Health Services Evolution Pty Ltd